Hi my friend,
Do You Want to Reduce Your Heating Bills? Suppose that you can do something to save $50 per month for heating bill, How much can you save over 65 years?
Although it has been a very mild winter, many people are still looking for ways to reduce their home heating bill. You can’t control the weather, but you can control your heating bills by the following simple tips.
01. Wear warmer clothes: For every 1 degree you set your thermostat back, you can save 1 to 3 percent on your annual heating costs. It doesn’t cost much to warm yourself by wearing warmer clothes. Then you can keep you home several degrees colder than normal. This is the simplest and most effective way to reduce the heating cost.
02. Use your ceiling fan. Typically, consumers think of ceiling fans as a way to cool down, but they can also be utilized for heat, says Tom Breeden, vice president of engineering at Hunter Fan Company, based in Memphis, Tenn. He says if you set your ceiling fan to a low speed, letting it spin clockwise, the warm air trapped at the ceiling will mix with the cooler air and heat the entire room. Do this, and you might see a 15 percent savings on your heating bill for the entire house, according to Breeden
03. Use a programmable thermostat: You can also use a programmable thermostat to turn down the heat at night when you are warm and cozy under the blanket.
There is no point in keeping your house toasty warm when you are not there. Some people believe that it is more expensive to reheat the house after being gone all day, but that simply isn’t true. If you set the thermostat to start heating your home shortly before you arrive, you will find that you can arrive to a warm home while not wasting heat during the day without any body inside.
04. Open your curtains during the day: This allows the sun’s heat come in to heat your home. At sundown, close all the curtains to trap the heat inside.
05. Less leaking, less wasting: Find where heat is escaping and then you can seal any leaks, replace weather stripping, caulk around windows and doors, and take any other recommended steps to keep heat from escaping your home.
06. Use zone heating: This means that you only heat the rooms that you actually use rather than heating the entire house. One way to do this is to use a space heater in the area you are using. The other way is to use the HVAC damper to control the heat for separate house’s section.
07. Close the vents to unused rooms: This is commonly done to save heat that you can do right after reading this article
Using these tips should allow you to reduce your home heating bills. When it gets warmer, you can use the same principles to save on your cooling bills as well.
You can contact us for consulting, making right decisions and repair your air conditioning system with the best satisfaction. With many years in Heating Repair in Raleigh NC, we always beside you and solving your HVAC problems. You also contact us for any inquiry by leaving a comment in the below of this post or see other comments at our guest book.
We appreciate your time and effort, hope that this post will help you to solve the problem. Feel free to call us for any problem.
Have a great day