HVAC & Appliances Tips- The More You Care, The More You Save
Hi my friend,
How old is your refrigerator? How old is your dryer… How often do you repair them and how much have you paid for fixing your HVAC & Appliances? We realize that is not a small amount. Actually, we can save our money by flowing these simple tips.
Did you search Air Conditioning Repair Raleigh?
Washer / Dryers Care
Your washer and dryer are always there for you when you need them. Just a few simple care steps can prolong the life of your appliances and your clean clothes, too.
- Keep it clean. It’s called a washer. Clean out dispensers and attachments at least once a month.
- Wipe the glass door dry after each load in the washer so the drum can dry. This helps with water spots, odors and mildew as well.
- Clean dryer ducts and screens. Lint buildup reduces the effectiveness of dryers, making them work harder and costing more money to run.
- Vent dryers properly. Flexible plastic or metal ducts trap lint when they sag or bend, creating a fire hazard. Look for solid-metal ducts.
These simple care tips may help you increase the life span of your washer and dryer – and help you avoid common failures such as:
Note: The below prices based on the research, not our price. For further information, please contact us
Typical Washer Repairs
Typical Dryer Repairs
Inverter – $412
Motor – $250
Wire Harness – $386
Control Assembly – $200
Control Board – $383
Heater Coil – $200
Pressure Switch – $274
Drum Slide Kit – $180
Water Valve – $245
Thermostat – $160
Pump Filter – $243
Ignitor Assembly – $160
Drain Hose – $211
Idler Pulley – $140
Dispenser Vent Tube – $194
Drive Belt – $120
Did you search Heating Repair Raleigh NC
Follow these simple care tips and consider purchasing an Extended Warranty from Protect Your Bubble for even more peace of mind.
The best place in the house to hang out, the fridge area. It looks like its low maintenance, but there are a few simple steps to keeping your refrigerator cool.
- Plug into a properly grounded wall outlet
- Do not overfill; this can prevent circulation of cold air needed to regulate temperature and prevent food from spoiling.
- Wrap or cover food to prevent odors. Clean up food spills immediately.
- It’s extremely important to keep the unit clean. The interior and exterior can be cleaned with a mild detergent. Avoid abrasives and do not use hot water on glass parts.
- Keep door gaskets clean.
- Keep area around the refrigerator clean and free from debris and large items that can restrict airflow.
- Clean condenser coils regularly to remove dust build up. It will restrict air flow and cause overheating if build up occurs.
Did You Know? Common breakdowns include evaporators, compressors, and condensers. Based on our internal research, the average repair cost for each of these types of breakdowns is $400 per incident.
Dishwashers are an amazing benefit to living in the modern world. They are compact, powerful workhorses that don’t ask for much in return. Here’s how to keep your dishwasher in working order.
“Most people use 10 to 15 times the amount of soap they need, and they’re pouring money down the drain.” – New York Times
- Why would you need to wash a dishwasher? Debris and deposits reduce its performance. Keep it washing for its true life span. And fortunately, dishwashers don’t need cleaning very often and it’s not hard to clean them.
- Use it! The more you use your dishwasher, the better it is for the unit.
- Run your garbage disposal before starting the dishwasher. The dishwasher drains into the same pipe as your sink, so that drain must be clear.
- Never. Ever. Ever. Use too much soap. Keep it to a minimum.
- Check all the spinning arms. Clean ALL debris out of the arms.
- Make sure the drain inside is clear and clean at all times.
- Watch for hard water deposits, mildew and rust. Treat accordingly.
- Use a rinse aid and keep it full.
Did You Know? Based on our internal research, a few of the most common breakdowns with dishwashers involve the heater, main motor, the door gasket and the hinges. All of which cost at least $200 each per repair on average.
Keep your oven in tip top shape and it will keep you in baked goods for a long time. Here are some great tips for caring for your oven.
- Clean you door gaskets. Gaskets maintain proper cooking temperatures and should be replaced if they are leaking.
- If the temperature of your oven appears to be off, check it with a stand alone thermometer.
- Use the self-cleaning mode on your oven at least once per year. The cleaner your oven is, whether gas or electric, the more efficiently it will work.
- However, don’t use the self-cleaning mode on your oven right before a big event, because if your oven is getting ready to break, it will likely happen then.
Did You Know? Surface heating units are common repair jobs with ovens. Our research shows that the average cost to repair the thermostat is over $1,200.
We hope that we can help you to avoid expensive and time consuming repairs be following these simple tips.
For any question about this post, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below.
For further information, feel free to contact us.
Thank you so much,
Have a great day
You May Also Like
When it comes to maintaining a comfortable home environment in Knightdale, heat pumps play a crucial role, especially during the colder months….
Navigating the complexities of heat pump repair in Apex, especially during the colder months, can be a challenging task for homeowners. Understanding…