HVAC & Appliances Tips- How To Cut Your Air Conditioning Bill?
We know that Heating and cooling can account for nearly half of home energy use, and a large percentage of utility costs. In the very hot summer, air conditioning bill can reach up to 65% for total energy use.
When your Air Conditioning System stop working, you spend time for searching Air Conditioning Repair Raleigh (for example that Raleigh is the city you are living) and spend money on Repair your Air Conditioning System. Cutting your cooling cost mean the air conditioner less working, then it can last longer than expected. Therefore, you will cost less in Air Conditioning Repair also. “A penny saved is a penny earned”, let’s learn how to earn money with the simple tips.
How to Make Your Air Conditioner More Efficient?
- Keep lamps and other heat producers away from the thermostat. They’ll cause your Air Conditioner to run more than it needs to
- Upgrade to CFL or LED bulbs. They generate significantly less heat than incandescent bulbs.
- Turn off lights when not in use. Even CFL bulbs produce some heat
- Minimize the use of your oven, microwaves, crockpots and toaster
- Wait until after the sun goes down to run your dishwasher, dryer and other heat-producing appliances
- Line-dry your clothes to avoid using the dryer all together
- Minimize the use of rock, cement and asphalt on the east and west sides of your house
- Plant for shade near your condenser unit. Cooler outdoor air means your Air Conditioning System won’t have to work so hard to cool your home.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed during the heat of the day
- Use smart strips to turn off electronics that aren’t in use. Anything that draws power also produces heat
- Well Insulate ductwork in attics, crawlspaces, garages and other unconditioned spaces
- Install reflective window tint on windows that get a lot of sun to minimize heat absorption
- Plant fast-growing shade trees along the east and west side of your house
- Get a yearly maintenance check of your Air Conditioning System and change the filter regularly. A well-tuned Air Conditioning System will run more efficiently
- Install a programmable thermostat for your Heat and Air Conditioning System. Then, set it to bump up the temperature when you aren’t home
We hope that we can help you to reduce the monthly bill by these simple tips. Beside, you can save much money on Air Conditioning Repair also
We stand beside you
You can contact us for consulting, making right decisions and repair your air conditioning system with the best satisfaction. With many years in Air Conditioning Repair in Raleigh NC, we always beside you and solving your HVAC problems.
You May Also Like
When you live in the Raleigh-Durham area, your climate control system needs to be ready for anything. There are plenty of great… Continue Reading A New Heat Pump Can Both Heat and Cool Your Home…
Summer is on! As a matter of fact, summer seems to be always on. This is especially true nowadays due to climate… Continue Reading Air Conditioning Repair Raleigh NC and Surrounding Areas…