Simple tip to save around $248/year
The whole country is facing difficult times with the pandemic and I’m trying to cut as much cost as possible. I don’t know when it is ending but we know for sure, it may take a while and we need to save money for a worse case scenario. I believe everyone is trying to do the same and I’m going to share with you an easy way to save some money and help your AC last longer.
Let’s go straight to the point. I’ve done some research and learned that HVAC accounts for around ⅓ of your energy bill and the dirty coil may use as much as 37% more energy than equipment with the clean coils. So by keeping the coil clean, you can save as much as $248 in one cooling season. The number depends on some factors but it definitely saves you.
The cool thing is you can do it on your own. It’s easy and you don’t even need to touch the AC.
Let me show you the easiest steps.
What you need:
- Garden hose. I believe you have one
- Coil cleaner. You can buy it here https://amzn.to/2VAZaOn. I used it, it’s really good and easy to use.
- 10-15 minutes. It’s kind of boring to stay inside all day long. Let’s go out and get some fresh air 🙂
And what you need to do: Spray, Spray then Spray
- Turn the AC off (from the thermostat)
- Spray the condenser coil with the garden hose (you need to do it 45 degrees from the bottom up so the water can reach the coil behind the grill). Don’t worry about electric, it’s just like rain
- Spay the coil cleaner (the same way)
- Wait for 5 minutes
- Rinse it with the garden hose again.
- Turn everything back on
Once a year, spring time is the best.
Let’s do it and you won’t see us more often 🙂
You May Also Like
3 Causes of a Short Cycling Furnace in Raleigh, NC
If your heating system switches on but switches off in less than 10-15 minutes or so, it’s short cycling. This issue can… Continue Reading 3 Causes of a Short Cycling Furnace in Raleigh, NC…
5 Things to Know Before Choosing a Heat Pump in Apex, NC
Heat pumps provide versatile temperature control, cutting-edge energy efficiency, and multiple other advantages. However, they may not always be the best choice… Continue Reading 5 Things to Know Before Choosing a Heat Pump in Apex, NC…
Why Won’t Your Heat Pump Stop Running in Wake Forest, NC?
Manufacturers design heat pumps to operate in cycles while regulating indoor temperatures. An underlying condition may make your heat pump run continuously.… Continue Reading Why Won’t Your Heat Pump Stop Running in Wake Forest, NC?…