Simple tip to save around $248/year
The whole country is facing difficult times with the pandemic and I’m trying to cut as much cost as possible. I don’t know when it is ending but we know for sure, it may take a while and we need to save money for a worse case scenario. I believe everyone is trying to do the same and I’m going to share with you an easy way to save some money and help your AC last longer.
Let’s go straight to the point. I’ve done some research and learned that HVAC accounts for around ⅓ of your energy bill and the dirty coil may use as much as 37% more energy than equipment with the clean coils. So by keeping the coil clean, you can save as much as $248 in one cooling season. The number depends on some factors but it definitely saves you.
The cool thing is you can do it on your own. It’s easy and you don’t even need to touch the AC.
Let me show you the easiest steps.
What you need:
- Garden hose. I believe you have one
- Coil cleaner. You can buy it here https://amzn.to/2VAZaOn. I used it, it’s really good and easy to use.
- 10-15 minutes. It’s kind of boring to stay inside all day long. Let’s go out and get some fresh air 🙂
And what you need to do: Spray, Spray then Spray
- Turn the AC off (from the thermostat)
- Spray the condenser coil with the garden hose (you need to do it 45 degrees from the bottom up so the water can reach the coil behind the grill). Don’t worry about electric, it’s just like rain
- Spay the coil cleaner (the same way)
- Wait for 5 minutes
- Rinse it with the garden hose again.
- Turn everything back on
Once a year, spring time is the best.
Let’s do it and you won’t see us more often 🙂
You May Also Like
Like any device, your thermostat may reduce its efficiency with time. Installing a new thermostat comes with a load of benefits. We… Continue Reading 3 Benefits of Upgrading Your Thermostat in Cary, NC…
Cool, crisp autumn air has made its way into Raleigh, NC, and chilly winter temperatures will soon follow. An annual furnace maintenance… Continue Reading Furnace Maintenance: Safer and More Efficient Operation…
Your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system is a major investment. You want to ensure that the HVAC contractor doing the work… Continue Reading Reasons to Choose a Fully Licensed and Insured HVAC Contractor…