How to Get Rid or Prevent Mold in Your HVAC
The presence of mold in an HVAC system can be a problem and is a common complaint from households if not dealt with. Molds are caused and can spread for the following reasons:
- Foods (organic matters): Dust, human dead skin, paper (label in the HVAC)
- Lack of UV light (That why there’s no mold under the sun, UV light kill them)
The equation is:
Mold = Foods + Humidity + Lack of UV light
So to prevent/kill mold, it’s simple: Take anything out of the equation:
- Foods: Use a good air filter and regularly change whenever it’s dirty. It reduces the risk of getting through the system but not completely
- Water/humidity: Not much that you can do here. It is normal to have some presence of moisture since the AC produces condensation when it runs and drains it out. What you can do is keep an eye on the AC if there’s water on it. The clogged drainage may cause the excess humidity in the evaporator coil
- UV light: You can’t bring sunlight to the AC but you can make one :). Installing the UV properly helps. Make sure to install it properly so it works and more importantly, it doesn’t cause any safety hazard
Feel free to reach out if you would like to know more about HVAC UV lights or set up the appointment online.
You May Also Like
Heat pumps are a versatile and energy-efficient solution for both heating and cooling in Holly Springs. However, like any complex machinery, they…
When it comes to maintaining a comfortable home environment in Knightdale, heat pumps play a crucial role, especially during the colder months….